Adobo seasoning is a traditional and popular Mexican spice mix, it is a bit spicy with a rich, authentic flavor. It is a perfect blend of chipotle chili, garlic, oregano, and other spices for seasoning all your meat, poultry and fish dishes. This seasoning is great for enchiladas, rice and for making a zesty guacamole.
- Sea salt
- Organic Garlic
- Organic Onion
- Organic Black pepper
- Organic Coriander
- Organic Cumin
- Organic Oregano
- Organic Turmeric
- Organic Chipotle chili
- Organic Lemon peel
- Organic Rice concentrate
- Organic Cayenne
Experience the taste of Spanish, Mexican and Filipino cuisine with this adobo seasoning. Enjoy this Lemon Chicken and Asparagus recipe.
- 4 chicken breasts, lightly pounded to even thickness
- 1lb asparagus, trimmed
- 2 lemons, 1 sliced and 2 Tbsp fresh juice from other
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp adobo seasoning
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Garnish: flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- In a medium bowl, mix together the all purpose flour and adobo seasoning. Coat all sides of each chicken breast in the flour mix and shake to get rid of excess.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat, add 2 Tbsp butter and melt. Add chicken breasts and sear each side for 3-4 minutes, until they are golden brown. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Lower the heat to medium. Add the lemon slices and sear each side for 1 minute, until they begin to brown. Remove and put with the chicken.
- Add the 1 Tbsp butter, once butter has melted add the 2 Tbsp lemon juice and the sliced garlic. Saute the garlic for one minute until fragrant. Add the asparagus, salt, pepper, and toss to combine. Add the lemon slices on top of the asparagus, then place the chicken on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through with an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove, adjust black pepper/salt if necessary, and garnish with parsley.