Originated in Hawaii, the Black Lava Salt is a delectable sea salt that is used for adding depth and complexity to the finest of culinary creations. The nutritional advantage of black lava sea, it is infused with activated charcoal which assists the body in removing harmful impurities, and is exceptional in essential minerals to help maintain the body's normal functions. The salt adds a truly unique flavor to roasted vegetables, soups, stir-fry dishes and on the barbeque.
Explore the unique taste of Black Lava Salt with this Shrimp with Black Lava Sea Salt and Baby Lima Beans with Grits.
- 10 jumbo shrimps cleaned and deveined
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic fresh and minced
- 2 medium shallots sliced
- 1 tsp chives chopped
- 3/4 cups Lima beans frozen and thawed
- 2-3 dashes Black Lava Sea Salt
- dash of crushed hot pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 Tbsp water
- Cleaned and deveined shrimps.
- Wash with water mixed with lime, lemon or vinegar.
- Rinse with cold water and set aside.
- In a frying pan, add butter and oil.
- When butter has melted, add garlic, shallots, chives, lima beans and fry for about 1 minute.
- Add salt, ground pepper, hot pepper flakes, and lemon juice and cook for 1 minute.
- Add shrimps add cook while stirring occasionally.
- Add water and keep stirring until shrimps are fully cooked - about 5 minutes.
- Additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook grits according to package direction. Serve shrimp hot with grits.