Honey Powder is made from dehydrating real honey until all the moisture has evaporated. After which, it is grounded into a fine powder and it is often mixed with stabilizers like starch or sugar, keeping it in fluffy dust form.
Honey can be used in many ways, raw honey can be added to our cup of tea to sweeten the taste, and even used in our ham or roast. Try this simple recipe of Cookies with Honey Powder.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice or apple
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 5 Tbsp cubed unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp honey powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Use parchment paper to line 2 baking sheets.
- Into a bowl, place the spices and the flour. Add butter and using your fingers, rub the ingredients until the combination resembles breadcrumbs.
- To form a soft dough, add honey powder and gently mix it.
- Use plastic foil to cover it and leave it to rest for about thirty minutes or more.
- Between two parchments, roll dough until 1/8 to 1/4 inch think. You can cut the shapes according to your taste and choice.
- On baking sheets, put the cookies slightly apart. Leave in to rest for about ten minutes.
- Bake until golden for about ten minutes.
- After they are done, leave them to cool on the baking sheet for five minutes or more. To cool, place then on a wire rack.