Also known Lavandula angustifolia, Lavender Flower are a beautiful herb that hold a multitude of culinary, cosmetic and medicinal uses. With its aromatic properties, it is quite useful in as an extra in lotions and creams, and they are extensively used in perfumes, soaps and sachets. If one person wants a therapeutic bath, Lavender Flowers, in essential oil form, is recommended. And with a small amount of this, added to ordinary oils makes a useful application.
Lavender has many uses, other than in cosmetics and medicinal uses, you may also incorporate Lavender flowers in your baking. You can try making this delicious Lemon Lavender Muffins.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsps dried lavender buds
- 1 lemon - juice and zest
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbs or more Almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Pulse the sugar, lavender, and lemon zest in a food processor until it's smooth. The goal is to break down the lavender. Set aside 1/4 cup of the mixture.
- Beat the 1/2 cup sugar, butter, and eggs until its fluffy. Beat in honey, almond milk, lemon juice, and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients gently until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a prepared muffin tin, you may greased the tin or place liners. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and the tops spring back when you touch them.
- Whisk ingredients together for glaze. Pour a spoonful over the top of each muffin and sprinkle with reserved sugar.