Native to India, Moringa oleifera has been utilized in a number of preparation, for thousand of years, it has been the source of nutrition, while its timber from the tree provides building materials. While native in Indian, moringa has been introduced to Southeast Asia, southwest and northeast Africa, Madagascar, the Philippines, and in the United States; in California, Arizona, Hawaii and Florida. This is a wondrous tree where each part is useful, the roots, stems, leaves, seed pods, resin and flowers are considered to be healing herbs in Ayurvedic and Unani folk medicine.
Give yourself an energy boost with this Moringa Energy Balls recipe.
- 1 heaped Tbsp moringa leaf powder
- 150g mixed seeds (pumpkin seed, sunflower seed, hemp seed, and flax seed)
- 1 heaped tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 100g raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Grind seeds along with the moringa powder and cinnamon in a food processor until you get a coarse meal.
- Add the raisins and vanilla extract and the process until everything clumps together.
- Roll into balls.
- Either serve immediately or pop into the fridge. They will keen in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
- You can also freeze these to increase their longevity for several months.