Gathered from the Pacific Ocean and evaporated using solar powder, it is then cold-smoked over the Pacific Northwest-grown applewood for a deeply rich and distinctive flavor. This alluring salt is a great way to add an authentic smoked flavor. This smoked sea salt combines applewood flavor with benefits of mineral rich sea salt to create a unique flavor profile to be used in all of your favorite recipes. Perfect for culinary dishes, gourmet food products and in baked recipes.
Indulge with this delicious Chocolate Cookie Coins with Smoked Salt.
- 1 Tbsp hot water
- 1 Tbsp instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups-all purpose flour
- 4oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 4oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 Tbsp shortening
- coarse smoked sea salt, slightly crushed
- In a small bowl stir the hot water into coffee powder until dissolved; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat butter and powdered sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium-high speed for 3 minutes more. Beat in coffee mixture, vanilla, and the 1/4 tsp salt until combined. Gradually add flour, beating on low speed just until combined. Gradually add flour, beating on low speed just until combined. Using a wooded spoon, sir in the 4oz finely chopped chocolate.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into a 10 inch roll. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Chill about 3 hours or until dough is firm enough to slice.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using a serrated knife, cut rolls into 1/4 inch slices. Place slices 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan cook and stir the 4oz chopped chocolate and shortening over low heat until melted and smooth. Dip half of each cookie into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip back into pan. Return cookies to wire rack. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt. Let stand until chocolate is set.