The Valerian root comes from the hardy perennial Valeriana wallichii plant, it can be found growing in Europe and Asia. It is also commonly known as Wild Valerian, German Valerian or English Valerian.
After having a long day, enjoy this Valerian Mint Tincture.
- 1 pint jar
- 1/8 cup dried valerian root
- 1 cup dried mint
- Add valerian root to the jar.
- Cover with mint until the jar is just about full.
- Fill the jar with vodka (or any preferred booze, brandy is nice(
- Cover, label, and allow to sit for at least six weeks.
- After six weeks, strain the liquid into a bottle.