Garlic is the root of the Allum sativum plant and is a member of the onion family of plants. It is in the form of a bulb that consists of several individual cloves of garlic, and like onions, it sweetens in flavor as it is cooked. Garlic heightens the flavor of the vegetable when it is added, and you may also sprinkle some garlic powder into your French fires. Even with a simple kitchen pantry staples, chicken, with garlic and salt, can be tasty.
Garlic is everywhere, and garlic is added to almost all dishes known, no wonder why garlic is always present in our pantry. Try this savory Roasted Chicken with Paprika and Garlic.
- 1 roasting chicken
- 1 small apple
- 1 small onion, peeled
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp coarse garlic granules
- rosemary sprigs, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place chicken on a rack in a 9x13 inch roasting pan. Quarter the apple and onion and place chucks in chicken cavity.
- Stir oil, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic granules in a small bowl to form a paste.
- Rub paste all over chicken.
- Roast chicken for 60-90 minutes, or until juices run clear when thigh is pierced with a knife.
- Transfer to a serving platter and let is rest for 15 minutes before carving. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.