Matcha is a type of green tea that is produced from shade grown tea leaves and milled into a fine powder. It has a smooth, refreshing,, slightly sweet flavor with a vibrant green color and silky texture. Our organic Matcha is culinary grade and it makes a delicious tea, and is often used in cooking and baking. It also tastes delicious as an iced tea, traditionally hot tea, and makes a wonderful green tea lattes and matcha smoothies. Due to its enhance flavor profile, matcha tea is a versatile ingredient commonly used in a variety of sweets and baked good recipes, including ice cream, pies, mousse, cupcakes, shortbread, cookies and pancakes.
This is an organic, Non-GMO and vegan tea.
- Warm the match bowl by adding hot water, after a minute, discard water and dry bowl thoroughly.
- Rinse bamboo whisk to keep tea powder from sticking.
- Using a traditional bamboo spoon, add 1.5-1.75 spoonful of powder per 4oz serving.
- add approximately 4oz of hot water. Do not use boiling water.
- Mix briskly with bamboo whisk until all lumps are removed and tea is smooth and creamy with fine foam on top.
- Pour hot water over tea, do not use boiling water.
- Steep for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain and serve immediately.
Consult with a healthcare provider prior to use if you are currently pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or if you have any medical medication.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is a good strong matcha tea. It gets me going in the morning but without any of the jitteriness like from coffee. It has a strong rich flavor. It's greener that another brand I tried so I feel that this is healthier for me as stated in some of the research I found on matcha tea.