Matcha is a green tea produced from shade grown tea leaves and milled into a fine powder. It has a smooth, refreshing, slightly sweet flavor with a vibrant green color and silky texture. Matcha tea is a versatile ingredient commonly used in a variety of sweets and baked goods recipes including ice cream, smoothies, pies, mousse, cupcakes, shortbread cookies, and pancakes. It tastes delicious as an iced tea, a traditional hot tea, and is also popular in the favorite “Matcha Latte”. Matcha Tea is traditionally prepared in a matcha bowl, using both a bamboo spoon and whisk. Our label includes instructions for both traditional and contemporary preparation.
Ingredients: Organic Matcha Green Tea powder*. *Fair Trade Certified™ by Fair Trade USA.
Packaging: To preserve freshness, aroma, and potency, our 1 oz loose teas are packaged in a convenient stand-up pouch with a re-sealable zipper closure.
Traditional instructions for preparation:
- Warm the matcha bowl by adding hot water. After a minute, discard water and dry bowl thoroughly.
- Rinse bamboo whisk to keep tea powder from sticking.
- Using a traditional bamboo spoon, add 1.5-1.75 spoonfuls of powder (1 regular tsp) per 4 oz serving
- Add approximately 4 oz of hot water (175-180 deg F). Do not use boiling water.
- Mix briskly with bamboo whisk until all lumps are removed and tea is smooth and creamy with a fine foam on top. Drink and enjoy!
Contemporary instructions for preparation:
- Use 1 tsp of matcha per 8 oz of water. Pour hot water (175-180 deg F) over tea. Do not use boiling water.
- Steep 2-4 minutes.
- Strain and serve immediately.
Warning: Drinking excess tea may lead to upset stomach.