Native to South America and has been naturalized in Hungary and Spain, Paprika is the sweeter variety of Capsicum annuum, and it g ets its color from its carotenoid content and it heats level range from mild to hot. This smoked paprika powder is mild in spice and adds an earthy, savory flavor to soups, sauces and grilled vegetables. Another easy way to used this spice is to sprinkle over French fries together with the olive oil, garlic, oregano and black pepper.
Enjoy a little spice in your life with this easy Garlic and Paprika Chicken recipe.
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh chopped
- 2 Tbsp oregano, fresh chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small skillet heat the olive oil. Add the garlic, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes and the herbs. Cook for about 1 minute over medium heat, do not burn the garlic.
- Clean and dry the drumsticks and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the olive oil mixture over the drumsticks and make sure they are coated thoroughly with the olive oil/paprika mixture.
- Place the drumsticks in a 9x13 inch baking dish and back for about 45 minutes or until chicken legs are cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite side dish and/or salad.