Native to the Mediterranean and now commonly found worldwide, Spearmint is a hardy perennial mint with bright green serrated leaves. It is commonly infused as spearmint tea and makes for an uplifting addition to herbal infusion blends, and in the culinary world, in is used as a flavoring agent.
We enjoy the minty flavor and scent of this leaves, and during summer it's the best type of beverage to drink. Try this Cherry Tomato and Almond Crumble.
- cherry tomatoes
- almond flour
- grated parmesan cheese
- spearmint leaves
- salt and ground black pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Wash the tomatoes, dry them well and cut them in half.
- Place them in a baking dish lined with wax paper, cut side up.
- In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with the almond flour, parmesan cheese, oregano, dried spearmint leaves, salt and a pinch of pepper to taste.
- Mix the ingredients together, adding oil and combining until the mixture is of a crumb-like consistency.
- Add the mixture to the tomatoes and bake for approximately 40 minutes.
- Place the pan under a broiler for 10 to 15 minutes, until the surface is golden and crunchy.
- Remove the pan from the oven and serve.