This whole Turmeric root will allow you to grate organic turmeric freshly into your favorite foods, drinks and DIY body care products. Turmeric is mostly the easily recognizable spice used in middle eastern cuisine because of its slightly bitter, warm taste.
Because of its unique taste, aroma and a bit of spice, turmeric is enjoyed by many. Enjoy this delicious Turmeric Root Curry with Green Peas.
- 6 pieces turmeric root, grated
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 small moderately hot green chili pepper
- 1 tsp fennel seed powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 cup large tomato, pureed
- 10oz canned coconut milk
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan or a dutch oven.
- Add the turmeric root and saute, oven medium-low heat, for 10 minutes or until the turmeric starts to slightly brown.
- Add the grated ginger, chili pepper if using and coriander leaves and saute another minute.
- Add the green peas and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add the powdered spices, including the fennel seed powder, the coriander powder, and the garam masala.
- Add the tomatoes and stir well to mix. Let the mixture cook about two to three minutes or until it boils.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup water, according to how thick or thin you want your curry to be. if you want the curry to be thick, add less water.
- Bring the curry to a boil, then cover with a tight lid and cook the curry for 15 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Turn the heat off and let it stand for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves before serving.